CBD and supporting phytocompounds present in this full spectrum hemp extract work synergistically to create an entourage effect. Cannabinoid compounds interact (directly or indirectly) with the CB1 and CB2 receptors of the endocannabinoid system present throughout the body, as well as other receptors such as 5-HT, TRP family receptors, GRP and more.
Benefits that users experience can include:
- CALM: Support a sense of calm for focus*
- STRESS: Manage everyday stresses*
- EXERCISE RECOVERY: Recovery from exercise-induced inflammation*
- SLEEP: Maintain healthy sleep cycles*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The cannabis plant comes in two main varieties: Cannabis Sativa and Cannabis Indica. Either subspecies contains over 100 chemical compounds (called cannabinoids), including CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).
Marijuana derives from either variety of cannabis, but hemp only comes from the Cannabis Sativa plant. Hemp plants contain very little THC, the compound responsible for the psychoactive effects of cannabis. Instead, they contain a much higher concentration of CBD, the non-psychoactive compound in cannabis. The majority of CBD products are sourced from hemp.
CBD provides various health effects, from anxiety and pain relief to better skin and heart health. However, because CBD is separate from THC, the psychoactive compound of cannabis, CBD users can enjoy the health benefits of CBD without experiencing the “high” associated with marijuana. This enables users to safely use CBD without worrying about being high disrupting their daily lives.
The list of benefits CBD provides is long and growing, as scientists continue to unearth new health benefits and use cases for CBD. This chart provides an overview of the benefits we’ll review in the following sections.
Benefits of CBD
- Relieves arthritis pain
- Relieves chronic pain
- Reduces chronic nerve pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces muscle spasms and other MS symptoms
- Reduces chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting for cancer patients
- May slow cancer cell growth
- Relieves anxiety and depression
- Relieves insomnia and improves sleep
- Helps treat acne and psoriasis
- Aids nicotine and heroin addiction recovery by reducing withdrawal symptoms